• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to import documents or text that are in different languages

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am by no means at expert in Indesign. I have one page document in English and I have text translations in Arabic & Chinese (Simplified) & French & German & Italian & Japanese & Russian & Spanish. I need corresponding one page document in each of the languages. Is there a straight forward approach for such a project? Please let me know or point to relevant documentation.

Is is clear that, I believe, that I cannot simply cut and paster nor the Place option especially for Japanese, Chinese or Arabic. 

I appreciate your help and insight. thanks

ed

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Arabic you'll need the ME version of InDesign

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html

Then set to the World Ready Paragraph Composer

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-suite/kb/arabic-hebrew.html

For the Japanese and Chinese - you'll need a font like Microsoft Hei or another type of font that has the Japanese/Chinese Glyphs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IMvideo,

to typeset Chinese, Japanese and Korean it could help to use the CJK version of InDesign with an English interface.

See into this thread where this is discussed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/mojikumi/m-p/12018597#M425102

But I think you cannot have the ME version or ME functionality on top of the CJK version with English interface.

So you either need two machines or you have to uninstall the ME version if you want to work with the CJK version.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you either need two machines or you have to uninstall the ME version if you want to work with the CJK version.

He can also have three different InDesign versions on the same machine (one international English, another CJK, and another ME) as long as these three versions are of other releases (versions) for exampleā€¦

International English = InDesign 2021 (v. 16.2.1)

CJK = InDesign 2021 (v. 16.2.0)

Middle Eastern = InDesign 2021 (v. 16.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines