Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install CS6 so i can synchronise with the version my customer works in

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I need to install and create document in an older version of INDD. So i need to install InDesign CS6.

Can anyone help me how to find an older version of InDesign, install it so i can synchronise with their system.

Kind regards Richard

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so easy to find older versions of InDesign. But an option for you is to create documents in your version, export to IDML, and send your customer the IDML. The only thing is that you must be careful not to use features that were introduced after CS6.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, expect some text reflow and potentially other issues each time you exchange files. Checking carefully is a must, in the target version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 is eight versions out of date and completely unsupported on any modern operating system. Mac is less tolerable than Windows but even on Windows it's becoming nearly impossible.

This is a workflow you will regret taking on unless you bill accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines