Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to load browser in my plugin UI dialog

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a custom login dialog box in my C++ plugin. We want to now implement a SSO workflow from the login dialog box against a identify provider. For this, I need to be able to load a embedded browser inside a suitable control on my dialog (.fr files).

Is such a scenario supported in InDesign and if yes, would love to have some references

PS: I have explored the SDK samples but could not figure out much.

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please let me know if any additional info is required from my side.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP is a technology based on Chromium. From experiments a few years ago I think at the plug-in side CEP panels are mostly regular panels with a special widget boss used for the HTML contents, communicating with an external faceless helper process which is the actual browser. I never tried though whether/how to embed that in a dialog.

While it is not yet available for InDesign, you should also keep an eye on the successor technology for CEP called UXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I want to go through the route of integrating CEF browser into my InDesign Plugin. I am facing some issue in integrating the cef message loop on my InDesign dialog box. I would like to know if there are any references for InDesign and Cef integration.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines