• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make docs published online permanent

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've begun publishing some documents online that have animated features. When I change the original InDesign file, I can update the online doc easily as well, just by choosing Update Existing Document. This is usually great. Is there a way though to create a document with animated features that can't be changed? So that a file becomes a permanent record of a document? I tried Interactive pdf, but the animated features no longer move in that version.

TOPICS
EPUB , Feature request , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi Artpoetica,

if you did publish online an InDesign document and then delete the InDesign document the publish online instance still exists.

There is no auto update mechanism or auto delete of an already published document on the Adobe servers. Hm, that said, maybe Adobe will remove it some day in the far future if you cancel your subscription… ( my personal assumption )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the name of the InDesign document. That's the only way I can think of to disconnect the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm not revealing my real concern. When I make a pdf of a file, if I were to trash the original file for some reason, the pdf would still exist, intact. So, I'd have a record of that document. My concern with the InDesign published online doc, is that if I somehow mistakenly delete the home file, the entire work just vanishes, not just the home file. Or am I misunderstanding what happens with online publishing? Thanks so much to both of you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Bob says - make a copy of the document and upload - i have had to do this in the past to keep a version of the document online for a client. Just checked and it's still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artpoetica,

if you did publish online an InDesign document and then delete the InDesign document the publish online instance still exists.

There is no auto update mechanism or auto delete of an already published document on the Adobe servers. Hm, that said, maybe Adobe will remove it some day in the far future if you cancel your subscription… ( my personal assumption )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Terrific Uwe, thanks so much for this information. That's really good to
know!

All the best to you.

JoAnne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines