Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Indesign ePub trackable?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
i created an ePub (magazine) and it's looking awesome. BUT, how can I track how many people click to see it? pages seen, zoomed in, etc.? i need to set up this feature!!

thank you 🙂 

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

I assume you're referring to Publish Online, not epub.

From InDesign select file > publish online dashboard. Scroll over the documents which will reveal an analytics icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be done using an embedded code within the HTML of the link where people are downloading the file. On the web server where it is hosted. If you're selling on Amazon or another store, they should be able to provide you with that information via your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported stand alone EPub? Or Publish online? Publish online has statistics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i guess that's right - publish online (still learning!) thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you using epub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're referring to Publish Online, not epub.

From InDesign select file > publish online dashboard. Scroll over the documents which will reveal an analytics icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much Bob, i guess that's it - I'm just seeing that the analytics are very limited (no detail).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Publish online is very difficult to monetize and track in terms of analytics. Relying on this function pretty much relinquishes control over your publication to Adobe's servers and services.

If you want full control over stats and your files, invest in a tool such as In5 and export an html version ready for release on your own web server or integration in your own website. In5 html export can be easily integrated into a Wordpress site as well - with full analytics then becoming available.

https://ajarproductions.com/blog/2017/04/10/instant-publishing-from-indesign-and-in5-with-wordpress-...

*edit* I am pretty certain it is not possible to track page zooms, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines