• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the chapters title unchangeable

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've just started to use InDesign for my university assignment and I am trying to learn beforehand how to create a reflowable epub ebook since when I graduate some years later, I want to work with formatting.

The thing is I don't want the reader to change the font of the Chapters title, but every time I outline it so it won't change, it vanishes from the table of content.

Here comes a book in which all the font is changeable but the text, illustrating what I want to do:

P.S: The author is my friend and authorized me to post those pictures.

raissarang___0-1613199049565.png

1. Here is the Blurb. No matter in what font I read the book, it never changes.

raissarang___1-1613199103406.png

2. And here is the picture showing the blurb is still on the table of content.

Thank you all!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Reflowable ePub may not be the best format for your assignment unless you've been specifically asked to produce it in that format.

With reflowable ePubs (which is HTML) the reader has control of much of the formatting, such as font choice and size and you can't (and shouldn't) try and change that.

Outlining fonts is rarely to be recommended.

You state when you graduate you want to work with formatting, I suggest it might be a good idea to study the subject in detail and return to this friendly f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reflowable ePub may not be the best format for your assignment unless you've been specifically asked to produce it in that format.

With reflowable ePubs (which is HTML) the reader has control of much of the formatting, such as font choice and size and you can't (and shouldn't) try and change that.

Outlining fonts is rarely to be recommended.

You state when you graduate you want to work with formatting, I suggest it might be a good idea to study the subject in detail and return to this friendly forum for specific questions. Linkedin Learning has lots of step-by-step online tutorials covering all the topics you need to learn, including InDesign, Photoshop, HTML and FXL and Reflowable ePubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines