Highlighted

How to match layers wchich are on and off in one frame to another to keep the set up?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am working in the inDesign and illustrator at the moment. I am placing the Ai file into the InDesign. In inDesign i am switching the relevant layers on and off. Now I had to revise the drawing in Ai, I have saved it with different date witch very minor change - no change to set up layers. I have duplicated the window with the original file aside (for reference) and I have placed the new file into the second window. Now I see that she layer dependency is not kept and I have to switch on and off the layers individually which is quite a time-consuming task. Is there anything like match properties or copy layer status so I can get my layers in order?

I would really appreciate your help 🙂 

Thank you so much.

Kamila

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to match layers wchich are on and off in one frame to another to keep the set up?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am working in the inDesign and illustrator at the moment. I am placing the Ai file into the InDesign. In inDesign i am switching the relevant layers on and off. Now I had to revise the drawing in Ai, I have saved it with different date witch very minor change - no change to set up layers. I have duplicated the window with the original file aside (for reference) and I have placed the new file into the second window. Now I see that she layer dependency is not kept and I have to switch on and off the layers individually which is quite a time-consuming task. Is there anything like match properties or copy layer status so I can get my layers in order?

I would really appreciate your help 🙂 

Thank you so much.

Kamila

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried InDesign/Edit > Preferences > File Handling > Hide New Layers When Updating or Relinking?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0