• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move projects and files to a new NAS without major relinking needed?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are renewing our NAS. The hundreds of projects and many thousands of files need to be replaced onto the new NAS. Is it possible to do this without having the nightmare of having to relink gazillions of files. Many of the projects use the same files....so packaging the projects will not be a brilliant solution as we will then have multiple documents using multiple copies of the same file?

I hope some clever person is out there who can help us!

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

I am going to say with most certanity* that as long as the new NAS retains the exact share name and directory structure as the original NAS, you should not have an issue.

*Although I am familar with NAS, I have not migrated an entire volume from one NAS to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to say with most certanity* that as long as the new NAS retains the exact share name and directory structure as the original NAS, you should not have an issue.

*Although I am familar with NAS, I have not migrated an entire volume from one NAS to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This possible solution was thought about....but....I suppose the only way to find out if it works is to do it! Thank you for your prompt reply...and ...if this doesnt work....your christmas card will definitely get lost in the post!.....thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines