• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to non shuffle pages

Engaged ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to connect A4 pages like this so the hole figure can be printet out in A4 after exporting the ID

file as a PDF?Skjermbilde 2020-05-10 kl. 15.35.17.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

You can build your design at the final size and print to tiled postscript pages, then convert the postscript to PDF.

From InDesign go to File> Print, choose Postscript File for the printer and Adobe PDF for the PPD*

Select Tile and choose an overlap. Crop marks and page numbers will be added to help re-assemble the printed pages.

Open the Postscript file in Acrobat and save it as a multipage PDF.

Note, I suggest you print some test pages (at 100%) from various printers, to confirm the final outp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean tiling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe :-DI do make patternsheet that fill 4 x 10 A4, and are ment to be printet out on a little A4 homeprinter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can build your design at the final size and print to tiled postscript pages, then convert the postscript to PDF.

From InDesign go to File> Print, choose Postscript File for the printer and Adobe PDF for the PPD*

Select Tile and choose an overlap. Crop marks and page numbers will be added to help re-assemble the printed pages.

Open the Postscript file in Acrobat and save it as a multipage PDF.

Note, I suggest you print some test pages (at 100%) from various printers, to confirm the final output size is correct.

*If you are on a Mac, you will probably need to download and install a PPD that will allow you to print to postscript, here is a link, follow the instructions carefully:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add-acrobat-ppd.html

Print tiled shirt pattern.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super thank you 😄 I will try that out now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. To make it all more userfriendly I think I have to copy my indesign file's cntent over in an Illustrator file with 4 x 10 A4 artbords, and then make a PDF from there.
What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that should work well.

I would create a grid of aligned Illustrator artboards at A4 size, minus 1", W&H, with .5" bleed*.

Save your full size InDesign file as a PDF and place it onto the grid of Illustrator artboards.

Save the Illustrator file as a multipage PDF, using the document bleed settings and including trim marks (needed to reassemble the sheets).

*Including bleed and adding marks will increase the size of the PDF, so in order to keep it A4 size, you will make the artboards 1" smaller and the bleed will make it A4, (if that makes sense). Alternatively, you could output the pages without crop marks and butt the pages together, but that would likely be less accurate, as your printer probably won't print each page in the exact center of each sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nilleg57851248,

did you try that with Adobe Illustrator 2020 ?

It would work for 4 columns with 10 A4 pages each.

FWIW:

What is not working: 1 column with 40 A4 pages.

That would exceed the limit of the overall height of the area holding all artboards.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines