• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to pin a page as a right page in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like that the chapter pages in my book are always on a right page. What do I need to do.

Thank you in advance for your answer

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved. If not, please try inserting Odd page break. It flows the text to the next odd-numbered page with a text frame threaded to the current text frame. Please refer to this these tutorials for more details:

If you still need assistance, let us know. I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for you reply. I found out that in the book I'm working on it's not possible to do this automatically.

I'm working on a family tree book. Every single family has its own page and own frame. The frames are not connected. So, this is quite different when you would make a reading book in which the text flows from frame to frame through the complete book.

I'll have to do it manually.

Regards,

Frans

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Paragraph Style select Start Paragraph on Next Odd Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer which I applied, only what happens than is that the frame stays on a left page and the text disappears. Do I need to change another setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved. If not, please try inserting Odd page break. It flows the text to the next odd-numbered page with a text frame threaded to the current text frame. Please refer to this these tutorials for more details:

If you still need assistance, let us know. I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for you reply. I found out that in the book I'm working on it's not possible to do this automatically.

I'm working on a family tree book. Every single family has its own page and own frame. The frames are not connected. So, this is quite different when you would make a reading book in which the text flows from frame to frame through the complete book.

I'll have to do it manually.

Regards,

Frans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem. I am working on a photo book and there are pages that I always want to begin as a right page even when I add a single page somewhere earlier in the document. I have tried to insert an odd page bread in the title box, but that only pushes that text to another box (or rather, makes the text invisible but adding a red plust in the corner of the box). Is have experimented with sections, etc., but have so far not found any solution. Is there a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you break your book into separate chapters/sections, you could use an InDesign book file to link all the separate files together.

In the book, you set your Book Page Numbering Options. (Set this option before you add any files.)

Check the Insert Blank Page option so ID can make sure your chapters have an even number of pages in each document. It will only do this IF the blank page is needed.

image.png

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines