Highlighted

How to quickly resize text

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm watching a tutorial by Terry White where he resizes blocks of text, but he doesn't explain how. He just highlights it, and you see the text grow. I've done a bunch of google searches, and I can't seem to find the right terminology. I'm sure this is common to several Adobe apps, but it is still a new thing to me.

Can someone tell me how to do this? I'd be ever so grateful.

Looking at other Terry White videos, I finally came across where he covered it. So, in case anyone else has this question...

In InDesign, if you select a block of text with the cursor, or if you select the text frame, you can enlarge the text or make it smaller by using these keystroke combinations:

Enlarge (PC) Cntl + Shift + > (or period) / (Mac) Command + >

Decrease size (PC) Cntl + Shift + < (or comma) / (Mac) Command + <

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to quickly resize text

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm watching a tutorial by Terry White where he resizes blocks of text, but he doesn't explain how. He just highlights it, and you see the text grow. I've done a bunch of google searches, and I can't seem to find the right terminology. I'm sure this is common to several Adobe apps, but it is still a new thing to me.

Can someone tell me how to do this? I'd be ever so grateful.

Looking at other Terry White videos, I finally came across where he covered it. So, in case anyone else has this question...

In InDesign, if you select a block of text with the cursor, or if you select the text frame, you can enlarge the text or make it smaller by using these keystroke combinations:

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, this is not resizing the frame. It is resizing the text with the frame remaining the same size. I know how to get to the properties panel and type in a font size. This is an interactive grow or shrink process. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0