Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to recover InDesign file (Error 5)?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

An InDesign file I'm working on comes up with the error code 5 message and says that it is damaged.

I need to get into this file. I stupidly didnt save a new version for about a month and had done countless hours in it, partly because in the 9 years I've had my mac book pro,  I had never had a file go currupt. I just bought a new computer so I know that it can't be that my computer is too old. 

The file is 45mb on its last save, and I never had an issue until one day I tried ot open it and it wouldn't open. 

If I can even get a recovered file with some content missing that would be helpful. Help!

Thank you,

Tara

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to great responses given by Jeffrey & Manan, I'd recommend checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html to know more about how you can recover InDesign documents. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error typically requires this service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The service shared by Jeffrey is a paid service, you could also email that file to Adobe at corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com

I am not sure how soon will they revert but does not hurt trying, you might save some bucks.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to great responses given by Jeffrey & Manan, I'd recommend checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html to know more about how you can recover InDesign documents. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines