Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove the border around an InDesign text frame

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help in removing border that appears around my text frame. I've looked at all the Text Frame Options and have changed all the setting and nothing is working to remove the .25in border that appears all around the text frame. Can someone please advise on how to fix this. 

LaRhonda

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Thank you for your response.  

I was actually able to determine that the issue was in the Object > Styles. This is where you can remove the border / padding from a text frame.

LaRhonda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

No. There was no stroke it really was the settings in the Object > Styles panel. Once I select none for the framing, the border went away.  

Thanks for your feedback.

LaRhonda 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).

Please tell us what Adobe software you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign. Also can you tell me how to post to that forum.  I've tried everything and just can't see to get to the right places.

Thanks,

LaRhonda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so basic, that I wonder if you took any time at all to actualy learn to use the software....

Buy a book, follow a online course, search Youtube about how to learn the very very basics of InDesign.

That said: change the stroke (not the fill) of the frame to [None] or to 0 pt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not sure why you replied if you were not going to offer help. Regardless of how long I've used this tool, there's always more to learn and just so happens, this is not a feature I'm familiar with.. . . which is why I turned to the community for assistance.

Please show more kindness in your responses.

LaRhonda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, meant no disrespect. But I understand it is solved now, so that is good 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a basic question I'm wondering why you would respond this way? This is a community for help and not typing condescending messages. Please be respectful and help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First two sentences were completely uncalled for. Maybe Frans you should read: https://www.bask.com/blog/what-is-an-internet-forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, this is a discussion from almost two years ago. I already explained that time in June 2020 I meant no disrespect as you can read below in this old topic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LaRhonda,

well, you certainly checked if the stroke weight of the frame is set to 0 and the applied stroke color is [None].

Did you check if there is an effect applied to the frame? Or if the text itself is responsible for the border using Paragraph Borders and Shading in the applied paragraph settings or paragraph style?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"well, you certainly checked if the stroke weight of the frame is set to 0 and the applied stroke color is [None]."

You think? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  

I was actually able to determine that the issue was in the Object > Styles. This is where you can remove the border / padding from a text frame.

LaRhonda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"InDesign. Also can you tell me how to post to that forum."

Here is the link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/bd-p/indesign?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sound like you hae a stroke around your frame:

use the black arrow to select the frame, like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 3.24.30 PM.png

if you look at the fill and stroke it should look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 3.24.15 PM.png

click on the stroke, it will look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 3.24.22 PM.png

on the swatches, go back to first screenshot. look at how black is selected? click none, it will look like below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 3.24.42 PM.png

hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. There was no stroke it really was the settings in the Object > Styles panel. Once I select none for the framing, the border went away.  

Thanks for your feedback.

LaRhonda 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuck with the same problem, went through all the forums reading every comment but none of them solved my problem, the stroke was set to 0, no fill, nothing at all. After giving myself a few minutes to really think about what could have possibly gone wrong, I finally realized I had View > extras > show frame edges turned on.

Hope this helps someone if they ever stuck with the same problem as me.

Regards,

Bikash Karki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have the same problem and if you think you do, you are very new to the application. This is a basic view setting.

I strongly encourage you to get a good book or some basic training in InDesign. If this threw you, you're going to be in for a world of pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for very much brother only your help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to thank LaRhonda and Bikash for posting the questions and answers. I have been working with similar problems, trying to figure it out and both of your answers were really helpful. There are three condescending responses that I do not appreciate. Please consider your tone before posting--no matter how much I read about InDesign before and during my use of it, there are still little mysteries that come up, and there are many details to learn and re-learn. There are many different ways an effect may be created (as this discussion illustrates). That's what this forum is for, in my opinion. If you're annoyed by questions that people pose, I would encourage you to ignore the questions instead of posting something insulting. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much you litterally helped me figure it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LaRhonda,

I came here with the same question, and this feed helped me find the answer. I'm not sure why some people are being so rude in the comments section. It shouldn't matter how new (or not) we are to a program or product. This software is powerful, and there is always something to learn.

You are doing awesome! 

-AlphaData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlphaData,

there are several possible solutions mentioned in this thread.

What was the one that helped you?

Category 1:

Did you set the stroke weight of the frame to 0 ?

Did you apply the swatch [None] to the stroke of the frame?

Did you apply an Object Style ? If yes which one?

Did you set the text's paragraph shading to swatch [None]?

Did you set the text's paragraph border's stroke weight to 0 ?

Category 2:

Did you select "Hide Frame Edges"?

Something else entirely?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines