Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove vertical spacing between pages

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to google the matter but cannot find the answer anywhere. I simply want to view my pages touching each other top against bottom so they form one continuous row. Is this possible somehow.

I have gone to preferences-guides and pasteboards and set the vertical margin to 0, but the marked spacing is still there.

Please see attached screenshot with spacing I want to remove marked in a red rectangle.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 17.21.40.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Not possible. The minimum pasteboard size is 0, set in Guides & Pasteboard preferences. Nevertheless, there is still a gap between pages.

Instead, make a PDF file. In Reader or Acrobat, make sure you Enable Scrolling in View > Page Display and if necessary turn off the gap.

Acrobat Pro DC026.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. The minimum pasteboard size is 0, set in Guides & Pasteboard preferences. Nevertheless, there is still a gap between pages.

Instead, make a PDF file. In Reader or Acrobat, make sure you Enable Scrolling in View > Page Display and if necessary turn off the gap.

Acrobat Pro DC026.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thank you for your answer Steve. The output view mode you describe is the way my document is intended to be viewed, thats why I would like to actually view it like this while working on it in Idesign itself. But I guess that's not gonna happen then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe please update this thread with the correct answer listed below. I about bailed when I saw Steve's comment marked as correct. Glad I read down to the bottom as the last comment is brilliant and is the solution to the question! Thank you @Laubender !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

under specific circumstances one page can touch the other one the way you want it.

1. You need a non-facing pages document.
2. One single spread with a maximum of 10 pages. My screenshot is showing one spread with 4 pages:

RearrangePages-PageTool-1.png

To make that happen I turned off "Allow Page Shuffle" for the first spread of the document and added pages to the spread or moved pages from other spreads to the first one in the document:

RearrangePages-PageTool-2.png

3. Then I re-arranged pages with the Page Tool and moved page 2 below page 1, page 3 below page 2 and so on:

RearrangePages-PageTool-3.png

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe! This was the solution to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ROCK! Thank-UWE very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me! I've had this issue forever!!!! thank yoU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is very useful. Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, danke @Laubender !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a belated caveat, but this seems to be creating a multi-page spread. That is,  Uwe's method doesn't just rearrange the display, but creates a different page/document structure.

This might solve the "no gaps" working page display, but could have unintended consequences for print and export. Users should have a good reason to need pages abutting and be aware of how ID handles 'spreads.' (IMVO, this method should not be used just to emulate other apps that don't separate pages as much as ID does.)

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines