Highlighted

How to remove vertical spacing between pages

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to google the matter but cannot find the answer anywhere. I simply want to view my pages touching each other top against bottom so they form one continuous row. Is this possible somehow.

I have gone to preferences-guides and pasteboards and set the vertical margin to 0, but the marked spacing is still there.

Please see attached screenshot with spacing I want to remove marked in a red rectangle.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 17.21.40.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

Not possible. The minimum pasteboard size is 0, set in Guides & Pasteboard preferences. Nevertheless, there is still a gap between pages.

Instead, make a PDF file. In Reader or Acrobat, make sure you Enable Scrolling in View > Page Display and if necessary turn off the gap.

Acrobat Pro DC026.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to remove vertical spacing between pages

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to google the matter but cannot find the answer anywhere. I simply want to view my pages touching each other top against bottom so they form one continuous row. Is this possible somehow.

I have gone to preferences-guides and pasteboards and set the vertical margin to 0, but the marked spacing is still there.

Please see attached screenshot with spacing I want to remove marked in a red rectangle.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 17.21.40.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

Not possible. The minimum pasteboard size is 0, set in Guides & Pasteboard preferences. Nevertheless, there is still a gap between pages.

Instead, make a PDF file. In Reader or Acrobat, make sure you Enable Scrolling in View > Page Display and if necessary turn off the gap.

Acrobat Pro DC026.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC026.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2018 1
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thank you for your answer Steve. The output view mode you describe is the way my document is intended to be viewed, thats why I would like to actually view it like this while working on it in Idesign itself. But I guess that's not gonna happen then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

under specific circumstances one page can touch the other one the way you want it.

1. You need a non-facing pages document.
2. One single spread with a maximum of 10 pages. My screenshot is showing one spread with 4 pages:

RearrangePages-PageTool-1.png

To make that happen I turned off "Allow Page Shuffle" for the first spread of the document and added pages to the spread or moved pages from other spreads to the first one in the document:

RearrangePages-PageTool-2.png

3. Then I re-arranged pages with the Page Tool and moved page 2 below page 1, page 3 below page 2 and so on:

RearrangePages-PageTool-3.png

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2018 2
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe! This was the solution to my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ROCK! Thank-UWE very much 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0