• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace color in linked illustration?

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a book that should include only two colors: black and a Pantone color.

Within the book, I have lots of .tiff illustrations, which are also two colors, but the second color used in the illustrations is Magenta, and not the Pantone I'm using in the book.

Is there a way to replace ol instances of Magenta in the illustrations to the desired Pantone? (In Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat - wherever! )

I'm usin a Mac, with CC versions of all apps.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

OK. Solved it (or rather, bypassed it...).
I'm going to change all the pantone in the InDesign documents to Magenta, and then ask the printer to use my Pantone instead of Magenta for the "Magenta" plate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

To use a spot color in an image it has to be setup as a Spot channel. Here I have a Grayscale document with a PANTONE 300C Spot Channel

Screen Shot 6.png

Placed in InDesign the PANTONE 300C spot color is added to the Swatches panel and Separation Preview shows the blue on a separate plate:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Solved it (or rather, bypassed it...).
I'm going to change all the pantone in the InDesign documents to Magenta, and then ask the printer to use my Pantone instead of Magenta for the "Magenta" plate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To use a spot color in an image it has to be setup as a Spot channel. Here I have a Grayscale document with a PANTONE 300C Spot Channel

Screen Shot 6.png

Placed in InDesign the PANTONE 300C spot color is added to the Swatches panel and Separation Preview shows the blue on a separate plate:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines