Highlighted

How to Reset Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am new in the community and I have for a few Days difficulties to work with InDesign.
I have installed a plug-in in InDesign over anastasiy's extension manager. At the first time it's work perfect.
Then i uninstalled the plugin over the Extension, but the Plugin was not correctly uninstall from the application because this still appear in the application when i open it.
I decide to remove InDesign from my Laptop and install it again. But that do not solve my problem becaus the plugin is still inside InDesign.
How can I get my InDesign to the Initial Version.
By the way, I am using the creative cloud to install the Application.

Mab y somebody could help me.

Hello,
I am new in the community and I have for a few Days difficulties to work with InDesign.
I have installed a plug-in in InDesign over anastasiy's extension manager. At the first time it's work perfect.
Then i uninstalled the plugin over the Extension, but the Plugin was not correctly uninstall from the application because this still appear in the application when i open it.
I decide to remove InDesign from my Laptop and install it again. But that do not solve my problem becaus the plugin is still inside InDesign.

Thanks in advance for your help

Correct answer by Frans van der Geest ACP | Adobe Community Professional

Resetting preferences will not remove plug ins, so this advice has no use. Look in the InDesign folder on your  computer and in that folder find the folder Named Plug ins. In that folder just delete the plug in you don't want any longer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Reset Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hello,

Correct answer by Frans van der Geest ACP | Adobe Community Professional

Resetting preferences will not remove plug ins, so this advice has no use. Look in the InDesign folder on your  computer and in that folder find the folder Named Plug ins. In that folder just delete the plug in you don't want any longer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly try by deleting preferences and see if it helps. Steps to do it are mentioned at the following webpage

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frans, the advice does have a quite a bit of utility. If the menu has been added via scripts lots of times it gets stuck and resetting preferences does remove the menu entry. I have faced this personally and also participated in a couple of discussions about the same on forum. The next thing if you notice is that the OP talked about extensions, extensions are not placed in the Plugins folder it has different load locations. With the removal of Extension Mananger by Adobe, softwares like the one used by OP and Zxpinstaller are used. So yes the bundle could have had a plugin but what i mentioned did make sense, i beg to differ on that. My response was not just conjecture

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,
Thank you for the URL. But it doesn't reset my InDesign.
I try to delete it in the folder like Frans said.
After delete the plugin, (I mean folder empty...).
Uninstall the extension Manager.
Restarted my mac, an open InDesign again, the Plugin is still in InDesign, although there is no more Plugin in the folder an of my mac.

Thanks Guys

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me which extension/plugin did you install? There are no. of components that a zxp can install, all of those are discussed in this thread. To further troubleshoot the only thing i can think of is to install extension/plugin myself and then try to uninstall it cleanly

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Mai24 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I was not the last day Online.

I installed the extension manager — https://install.anastasiy.com/.

Over this Extension, I installed the plugin i recieve from an external Agency.

The Agency told me that it is necessary to delete the plugin over the Extension manger so that this can work again.
My Problem i have an Information that the Plugin is successfully install But can't see it in the list of Adobe Product in the extension to uninstall it over the extension.
I suspect although the Manuel removing from the plugin, unfortunately, the old version is still there.

It Why I ask how I can reset completely InDesign to have it new one like I never use it before.

Enclosed the screenshot for the Manager .

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-20 um 11.42.43.png

Thanks for your help.

Mai

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0