• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resolve the Mac/Windows conflict with extendscripts.

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

I've developed a script (JS) and when i run it on my mac it works very smoothly and gets me all the images and render it. But when i run the script on windows it works, but dosen't read the images or render it, are there a different function or process for windows to read the files and image path?

The script to get the file i'm using.

var fImage = Folder("c://***");
var allFiles = fImage.getFiles();

Or what is causing it!!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens on Windows? Don't you get any return from getFiles? I suspect the path you have used

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it sets the frames and then after that it should render the images but it dosent render the images only setting the frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we tell why it does not render the images, we are just looking at two lines of code you supplied

var fImage = Folder("c://***");
var allFiles = fImage.getFiles();

Did you debug and check if allFiles does get any value or not? What I suspect is those 3 * characters, what are they for? If you get the values in allFiles and verify that they indeed point to valid images on your computer then share the whole code that has the issue

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, Thanks for your time. Secondly, I'm sorry i didn't mean to do that i just thought maybe the problem is with this function, it's not applicable with windows or this is not the proper wat to acess the windows file. About the **, i just meant  etc.. or whatever path. I was in rush i didn't do a debug or to check what allFiles holds. I will try now.

sorry again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines