• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restore live frame content updates?

Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have just reset the Preferences (following the advice from the support).

Now, when I resize a Text Frame, it does not perform "live updates" anymore. 

I do not know how that feature is called but, before resetting Preferences, when I dragged to resize a frame, its content would adapt during the drag.

Now it is not doing this anymore.

How do I get it back?

Thank you

EDIT: attached video of what I see.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Aaaaah! Ok. Here you go - 

2021-05-13_16-01-21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen recording shows normal behaviour of the text.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until before resetting preferences it was behaving as in this second video, taken from Illustrator.

I hope the difference is noticeable, that is that the text inside does not reflow during the resizing, but just afterwards ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-05-13_16-01-21.png

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are losing auto-size setting. Click on your text frame, press CTRL+B and then play with this settings - 

2021-05-13_15-50-40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If am I right about text frame auto-size then for having fun with having this anywhere with new text frame don't forget to add this setting into an object style - 

Snag_8e687b.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried it and that's not it.

I'm not asking the frame to auto-size itself on the content but to the content to reflow in real time when the user resizes it ... 

Blame on me for listening to support and resetting preferences ... if this is not found I will just put them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-05-13_16-01-21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Genius! 

Thank you thank you thank you!

Imagine a big smiling face, as big as possible! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines