• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to run or execute InDesign server plugin in InDesign server?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am familiar with work on InDesign plugin but i don't know how to execute the plugin in InDesign server? Please anyone to guide me.

Regards,

Vijay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vijay,

Could you explain what do you mean by executing the plugin? If by plugin you mean the C++ plugin then there is nothing special as such to be done for installation on the IDS, if you mean something else then please elaborate on it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshi,

If we want execute the plugin in InDesign sdk, we can click our menu to invoke our plugin but in the server, how to execute the plugin like script (by using SampleClient) since there is no interface.

For example, if i want to create a plugin to create new document and save it. now i have to place the plugin in the plugin folder in InDesign server then how to execute it.

Regards,

Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't "run" plug-ins, either in InDesign or InDesign Server. You "call" methods in plugins. It is an event-driven model. You register for a menu event, and that is how your plug-in code is called. Since there are no menus in InDesign Server you register for different types of event which can still exist in InDesign Server. 

One example of this is to use an external InDesign script, and have your plug-in register a scripting interface that the script can use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the basic model of the plugin for IDS server, is that it exposes functions on the scriptable interface(i.e. functions that can be called from the script). Then you create your script containing the logics of your workflow and use these new methods that you added via your plugin. When converting a desktop plugin into a server plugin you need to just use the model part(provided you have a proper partition of your functionality into the UI and Model plugins). For further details look into the SDK documentation.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines