• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to send xml file to Indesign server and get the generated document from In-Design Server

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am developing an indesign script which will parse the xml file and generate the indesign document for us. Now I need to send those scripts and xml files to indesign server and in return want the generated indesign document.

I have installed Indesign server in my local system where I can easily call runscript method of the Indesign server and accordingly files are generated and I can get it but what I will have to do if indesign server is on some other machine and I will have to send the xml files to it and in response want the generated indesign-document from it

Just for Information I am a .net developer so anything which can be done with the help of it will be very helpful to me

Regards,

Regards,

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a webserver, make an api on which you can post a script file, input xml. On execution of this api the files will be fetched by the server and then fed to IDS using doscript api. You will have to interact with IDS using the com interface or corba. IDS has examples for corba i suppose

Our better yet look at the sampleclient utility it does all this using the soap interface if i remember correctly.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the earlier response correct if it helped. If you used any other method, please share the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issue, feel free to reach out. We'll be happy to help.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines