• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set a older InDesign as a default program

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several InDesign versions on my win7 PC because my clients are using different InDesign versions. I have tried to set an older InDesign CC version as a default program associating indd file extension to InDesign CC2017. It is not possible because only InDesign CC2019 is available on the list to choose. Not even possible using Browse option to show InDesign CC2017 exe file.

What to do?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use file > open from InDesign CC2017 and please note that InDesign 2020 is now available but will not install on your Win 7 computer as it is not supported. Microsoft will cease all support shortly, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of other things to try is to set INDD association in Bridge or uninstall / reinstall CC2017 to get Windows to see it as the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob for your quick answer. I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSag, did reinstalling the older version again work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I never reinstalled it. Instead of it I used File open command. But despite everything I succeeded to install CC2020 to my Windows 7 workstation ("...please note that InDesign 2020 is now available but will not install on your Win 7 computer as it is not supported.") So I have now CC2017, CC2019 and also CC2020 working on my workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
InDesign 2020 is supported under Windows 7 with SP1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines