• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set all images as artifacts without doing one by one

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the best way to convert all objects with images as artifacts ...without oding it one by one

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet would be to create an Object Style with the artifact property set in the Object style with no other properties defined. Now you can apply the object style to any images that you want artifacted very easily. Another option is to use the Articles panel. Any images not added to the Articles panel will automatically be artifacted by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NooZ,

do you already see a way?

Can you show some code, so that we can discuss efficiency?

I'd do it by looping the allGraphics array of a document.

For the parent of every individual graphic there I would set property applyTagType of the objectExportOptions and apply value TagType.TAG_ARTIFACT.

DOM documentation by Gregor Fellenz:

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#ObjectExportOption.html#d1e330383

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My dev skills are very limited i wish a script can solve it but i don't know how to write it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines