• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set the default to inches (Was "CREATING A NEW BOOK”)

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following the step-by-step guides to setting up a new document, but when it comes to setting the presets for my new book project, all the measurements show in pixels. I've gone back to InDesign > Preferences > Units & Increments and changed everything to inches, but the Margins & Rulers and Presets still show in pixels.  How can I fix this?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

You can change the defaults for all new documents by closing all files and then defining the new default in InDesign > Preferences > Units & Increments. For existing documents, just right click each of the two rulers.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the defaults for all new documents by closing all files and then defining the new default in InDesign > Preferences > Units & Increments. For existing documents, just right click each of the two rulers.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And best to keep dimensions in inches or mm and type sizes and leading in points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the earlier responses, I'd recommend checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/rulers-measurement-units.html#change_rulers_and_measuremen... for more information about rulers and measurement units. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for responding to my enquiry. Once I began fiddling with InDesign a
bit more, I began to remember most of the processes, though it's been about
a decade since I last worked with the program.

Cheers,
Greg

*Greg Smith*
*Fine Art Pencil Painter* *and Custom Portraits*
http://animalsandpeoplebygregsmith.weebly.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines