Highlighted

How to show content of indeisgn text frame in multiple pages

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a application in which using adobe in-design script to parse the xml file and load its content in table placed inside a text frame. There are almost 500 records in that xml file and hence it is not getting displayed entirely in that frame so kindly suggest what I need to do for that. I think with frame I need to create new page as well as the entire page is already occupied by the frame.

I will be very thankful if someone will provide some scripts to achieve the same.

Regards,

I got answer for it. I have handled it with the help of myTextFrame.nextTextFrame = myTextFrame1 where myTextFrame1 is new frame used to hold the pending data of myTextFrame.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to show content of indeisgn text frame in multiple pages

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a application in which using adobe in-design script to parse the xml file and load its content in table placed inside a text frame. There are almost 500 records in that xml file and hence it is not getting displayed entirely in that frame so kindly suggest what I need to do for that. I think with frame I need to create new page as well as the entire page is already occupied by the frame.

I will be very thankful if someone will provide some scripts to achieve the same.

Regards,

I got answer for it. I have handled it with the help of myTextFrame.nextTextFrame = myTextFrame1 where myTextFrame1 is new frame used to hold the pending data of myTextFrame.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it can be done by assigning proper paragraph styles to each cell (in the script or by hand) and setting the smart text reflow on from the InDesign preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: For everyone reading this and wonders how the OP solved the problem:

Using ExtendScript's nextTextFrame property will thread a text frame or a text path to another one, the assigned text frame or text path.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines