Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to solve Arabic language issues using script

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! 

I hope you all doing well. Anyhow, I'm facing a small issue with Arabic and English.

Sence I can't share and screen shots because it's for my work, sorry. However, I'm reading data from excel sheet and save it in varible -array-. so when using alert to see the content of the varible

alert(column1contentsArray3)

it printed correctly. but in the next step when placing each index in text frame it displaies some red boxes. are there any way to solve the issue?

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.52.26 AM.png

the code to save the data from excel: (i want it in table format)

tmp_textframe2.place(path, true)
				tmp_textframe2=tmp_textframe2.parentStory.contents.split('\r')
var column1contentsArray3 = tmp_textframe2

the placing code:

for (var s = 0; s <= tempArr3.length - 1; s++) {

var rect1 = doc.pages[pageIdx].textFrames.add({
										geometricBounds: arrayOfdescrptionframe[counterFrame1]v});
		rect1.contents = tempArr3[0]

}

I'm using index 0 because every time i want the loop to fetch and place the first item. the code works correctly but the red boxes are the problem.

i'm using javasript

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Thanks! I've just solved the problem! only by changing the langauge of the app! alsom i've followed the steps from here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/install-hebrew-or-arabic-version-of-indesign/m-p/10602300?page=1 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The redboxes signify that the glyph may be missing for the text you added to the box. Try to set the font for insertion point before adding the content, it has the property appliedFont, or you may also set a proper PStyle/CStyle with the correct font.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey Manan, I've solved by changing the langage of indesgin!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red boxes indicate that the printed characters are not in the used font. The red plus-sign means that the text frame is overset. First use the ciorrect font to solve the pink-box problem, then deal with the overset by enlarging the frame or reducing the type size.

(Manan beat me to it by a whisker!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've just solved the problem! only by changing the langauge of the app! alsom i've followed the steps from here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/install-hebrew-or-arabic-version-of-indesign/m-p/10602300?pa... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines