• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off vertical justification for short pages

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a new InDesign (2021 for Mac) user. I'm trying to create a book template whose pages are vertically justified so that text takes up the same space on every page (if not, it doesn't look good on a L/R spread).  But when I get to the last page of a chapter, it justifies a few lines of text the height of the whole page. Not what I want.

Is there a setting that will allow full pages to be vertically justified but leave short pages unjustified (top-aligned)? Thanks for your help.

Bad_Justification.png

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could create an Object Style that would set those frames to Top Align and/or Auto Size via Height.

Honestly though, the way you're using vertical justification has the potential to make other pages look bad too, with varied leading. You'd be better off setting the frames to top-align, and the text to align to a baseline grid based on your desired leading. That way, you'll get consistency across spreads and throughout the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines