• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to uninstall a plugin or extension for InDesign 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't package artwork with the external plugins. How do I get rid of them?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an old file you've opened up? As far as I know (and others could correct me on this) InBooklet, in particular, is long gone, but if an old file used it, it may still "ask for it". What I would try first is save your file as an IDML document, then reopen it and save it as a new document. Then try packaging again.

Caveat: watch for any layout changes when you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information. It is an old file. Yes, I remember using IDML another time. I believe it did work.

But given that I needed to get it done asap, I just had to call Adobe support to have them help with the 3 external plugins that were keeping my file from packaging. After he went through the backend system files and deleting some specific ones. He ended up having me make a new document copy/paste into it and then it packaged just fine! I'll have to remember that for any old files that were prevously owned by another designer. THX so much for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to export out as an IDML which can result in layout issues, you can use one of the plugins that i created to remove such missing plugin data from the document. The plugin is free to use for 7 days, give it a try if you need to clean up lots of old files, just open them up and click a button all the open document would be cleaned up

https://github.com/Manan-Joshi/inexutils

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan, I've just installed your INEXUtils_cc2013 to make it possible for packaging my indd doc, but when I click on the menu of INEXUtils, it say it has expired the trial period? Can you take a look what is wrong please? And packing doesn't work of course because of some missing plugin. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines