• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upload Latin extended additional font in indesign please

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anybody know how i can upload Latin extended additional font in Indesign please?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You install fonts in InDesign the same way you do any other application on your computer (somewhat different steps for Mac and Windows). You just need to install an OpenType font which contains the character set you need. InDesign supports all OpenType fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve. I couldn´t find a font file for Latin Extended Additional available on internet, like other fonts are available. Somewhere I read the characters from the Latin Extended Additional I needed were something like "compatible" with many other common fonts. So I ended up using one of those other fonts already available in Indesign (maybe it was one of those OpenType fonts you mentioned) and finding the Latin Extended Additional characters I needed as unicode glyphs under that other font. I don´t understand how these things work really, but somehow I managed. Thanks much for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figure it out. Different fonts have different sets of glyphs (characters). Sometimes you have to find a different font which has the ones you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines