• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Character filters in the Character Menu in Indesign

Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally stumbled upon the filters in the Indesign Character menu, but am not sure how to use them. I was hoping to use the filters to avoid the useless locked system fonts that require endless scrolling, but now only a few display fonts are appearing in the filters. Are fonts automatically added as they are used within a document? Is it possible to add fonts before they are used? Why are only one or two favorites showing? How can I add to the favorites? Shouldn't all active fonts that are in the document appear in the filter? How do I "unfilter" if I need to? No luck finding answers to any of these questions in the Adobe "help" section.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grundoon Groundhog said:

"…I was hoping to use the filters to avoid the useless locked system fonts that require endless scrolling"

Unfortunatelly exactly this is no filter option.

Would make a superb feature request at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

Oh. Someone already did that feature request. Go vote and comment here:

Hiding system fonts or warning about using them
Anonymous, September 01, 2017

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31158892-hi...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines