Highlighted

How to use Unicode Markers for right-to-left text (special ME characters)

Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to insert a Latin character ("Q") right after (i.e., to the left of) the opening bracket without changing the order of the other characters.

_unicodemarkersText.png

It's a right-to-left quotation within a left-to-right paragraph. I must not change any paragraph or character styles.

I know it should work by using any of the Unicode Markers InDesign places at my disposal:

_unicodemarkers.png

However, I fail to find out which of these control characters I need to place where. Does anyone know?

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to use Unicode Markers for right-to-left text (special ME characters)

Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to insert a Latin character ("Q") right after (i.e., to the left of) the opening bracket without changing the order of the other characters.

_unicodemarkersText.png

It's a right-to-left quotation within a left-to-right paragraph. I must not change any paragraph or character styles.

I know it should work by using any of the Unicode Markers InDesign places at my disposal:

_unicodemarkers.png

However, I fail to find out which of these control characters I need to place where. Does anyone know?

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?