• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML view inside InDesign Plug-in

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there is a way to view HTML page inside InDesign third party plug-in.

Thanks,

Jothi

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Hi,

In that case  you probably want to look at https://github.com/Adobe-CEP

This allows you to create panels using HTML and JavaScript, I haven't used it and I am still not sure on your use case.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Look at web content section here:

https://ajarproductions.com/in5course/?lesson=overlays

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

I think there is a lot of confusion here. I see your question as wanting to do one thing, and most of the answers deal with trying to do something else completely. Can you please clarify your aims:

* to include live web pages in a final published document somehow

* to include live web pages in a panel shown by a plug-in during the InDesign editing process, which don't become part of the design [as, for example, showing live help information or tutorials from the web, but integrated in the InDesi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there is a way to render HTML page inside an InDesign Plug-In.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by render inside a plug-in? do you mean import the html? do you mean create a panel and place and html page in it?

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarlaeDC,

Yes, I want to create a panel and place an html page in it.....

How can i start it????????

Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your purpose for doing this? What is the final format of the file? It won't work with PDF or EPUB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In that case  you probably want to look at https://github.com/Adobe-CEP

This allows you to create panels using HTML and JavaScript, I haven't used it and I am still not sure on your use case.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BobLevine & BarlaeDC,

My purpose is to bring the html page view inside the 3rd party plug-in. For example., Google search page inside the plug-in.

Not to create panel using HTML and Javascript..................

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need in5 for this and then you'll have to deliver the final product as HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you dont need a plug-in. you can create a web overlay. why would you need a plug in?  and how can we know the plug-in if you don't tell us? also, what is the way in which you want to deliver this file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, that's only going to work with in5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonathanArias,

Without creating the plug-in how can i view html page view and access the page inside plug-in.....?

What do you mean by creating web overlay????

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at web content section here:

https://ajarproductions.com/in5course/?lesson=overlays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a lot of confusion here. I see your question as wanting to do one thing, and most of the answers deal with trying to do something else completely. Can you please clarify your aims:

* to include live web pages in a final published document somehow

* to include live web pages in a panel shown by a plug-in during the InDesign editing process, which don't become part of the design [as, for example, showing live help information or tutorials from the web, but integrated in the InDesign UI]

* something else?

I'm assuming this is a third party plug-in for which you are the programmer. If not, I can't see any way to understand your question - yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah!

I'm a programmer and i tried to bring webpages inside my third party plug-in.

I have refered many websites but i can't find the solution till now.

My query is.....

Viewing webpage or website inside 3rd party plug-in is possible or not????

Using URL inside the plug-in is possible or not????

your help in this query is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jothi,

(I appreciate that I am restating what is above, but I still do not know what you are trying to do)

Are you wanting to provide a external URL to a website that will be shown to the user, like a help manual?  (basically a browser inside InDesign)

OR

are you trying to pull resources from a website to use on the document that the user is working on?

I think both are doable, but the approach may be very different depending on which.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcolm,

Yeah! I need a browser inside a InDesign Plug-In.

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any updates about my Query?????????

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jothi,

I would recommend starting here, this would enable you to create a panel that shows HTML pages (CEP HTML Test Extension)

This could be combined with other technologies to allow you to show a html page inside InDesign.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jothi,

I have display the Web Browser using CEP Technology in indesign. i have also attached the image file. please check . but i also can't able to find to display the web browser using Indesign plugin which is made in c++ . so if you get any resources regarding creating the C++ plugin for indesign and display the web Browser without using CEP technology then please let me know 

Thanks  in advance 

Arun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines