• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink created in InDesign leads to error page, but works if copy/pasted into browser

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hyperlink, if added manually in Acrobat also works, so I'm at a loss as to why it isn't working when exported. Using ID v16.1, hyperlinks created in the hyperlink panel and PDF exported with include bookmarks and include hyperlinks checked.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

I have an answer! There was a blank space at the end of the URL when I pasted it in. It created a %20 at the end of hte link in the PDF and that caused the link to error out. I still find it strange, but removing that did work. Thank you for looking though!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried exporting the document from InDesign as an Interactive PDF?

Which reader are you viewing the PDF in?

Is the InDesign link a simple hyperlink or a multistate button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, tried exporting both ways, using DC Pro to view, but end users will have a variety of Acrobats, so it needs to work across platforms. it's a simple link, havent tried anything fancy as there are a score or more hyperlinks throughout the doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one more detail, some other hyperlinks in the same doc work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an answer! There was a blank space at the end of the URL when I pasted it in. It created a %20 at the end of hte link in the PDF and that caused the link to error out. I still find it strange, but removing that did work. Thank you for looking though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines