• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink issue in a BOOK with multiple documents

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing a BOOK created in InDesign, with 8 documents in the Book file.  The Table of contents is in document 01, the bibliography, List of Illustrations, and Index are in document 08.  For the print book I usedcross-references to fetch the page numbers for the illustrations, and it worked fine. (att A)

For the ebook, the cross-references in the List of Illustrations was quite a failure.  (att B)

What looks like a hyperlink in fact fails. (att C)

I have selected all documents and updated all cross-references, but that did not help.

So I thought to use hyperlinks instead.  I created the destinations, then went to create a new hyperlink, but could not do so. (see att D).  As you can see on this page, I have successfully created a number of them, but others prevent me from proceeding.  When I hover over "Create new hyperlink" I get a "do not enter" symbol -- circle with a slash through it.  No can do.

Any ideas? I am considering simply publishing with this ragged list.  It is low priority in the scheme of things, because people can search through an ebook and find things, and only a few people would even care.  But I hate leaving it so messy.

Thank you for any ideas!!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link I shared can meet your need. I hope I have helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZMNFHuBP_A&ab_channel=AlainParadis

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://www.wrightinformation.com/Indesign/Indesignscripts.html

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines