• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink on Text and Words Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to hyperlink individual words and images on InDesign. Within InDesign, it says the links are active and working. However, when I export the document as a pdf, the only hyperlinked items that work are words that are written as urls already, like an email or a website. Here is an example of what I am trying to hyperlink:

"Watch this episode" *bolded is the word I want to hyperlink. And for reference, I have an image next to the sentence that I am trying to hyperlink, too.

I have the latest version 2021 CC. I tried deleting the text and image and restarting multiple times. Don't know what to do. Please help.

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

So in the act of trying to share my document with you, I just solved my own issue. I was exporting the pdf as "Pdf Print" vs exporting it as an "Pdf Interactive". Wow...feeling like a goof. Simple tweak on export settings made all the difference!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject should say: "Hyperlink on Text and Images Not Working"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Courtney!

I just tested your scenario in both 2020 and 2021 on a Mac and it seems to be working fine. is it possible for you to share your document to troubleshoot?

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So in the act of trying to share my document with you, I just solved my own issue. I was exporting the pdf as "Pdf Print" vs exporting it as an "Pdf Interactive". Wow...feeling like a goof. Simple tweak on export settings made all the difference!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines