• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink Stroke Width

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting for the visible stroke width of hyperlinks. It's not a huge issue as the stroke width is not visible on the final document, but when viewing all hyperlinks, the stroke widths are all over the place and it's kind of frustrating to look at. It would be nice if they were all the same width, or adjustable. But I can't find anywhere to set any parameters for hyperlinks.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try edting that character style for hyperlinks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically it's a catalogue. I've added hyperlinks to all the product images and their corresponding copy. This creates a dashed line around the text boxes and images which is only visible to me - they don't show on the PDFs. However for me, viewing the file in normal mode, almost all of these hyperlinks are showing at different weights and there doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason. Some are thick, some thin. Nowhere can I see where these varying widths are coming from as the actual items and text boxes have all of their stroke widths set to "0".

Again - it doesn't effect the final product, it just seem weird that I can't control how they're displayed - or maybe I can but just can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does sound like bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sidney Crosby:

You can control the width and position of underlines in InDesign and hyperlinks are using the underline settings. Hyperlinks have their own character style and underline controls. However, I suspect your underlines have inadvertant overrides. 

under1.png

Make sure other inline formatting (i.e., bold, italic) is using character styles, and then select the text, and Ctrl/Cmd click on Clear Overrides in Selection button at the bottom of the Paragraph Styles panel to clear just the character overrides.

und2.png

und3.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines