• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to any Linkedin url's are not working!

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All my hyperlinks are working except anything that points to linkedin (the url shows up as a red dot eventhough the link is working). It's really frustrating. People have had this problem in the past and I could not find any solutions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Report your apparent bug here:

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure all options are set correctly.

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.53.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the settings are the sameCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture2.PNG

I tried linkedin.com too. Its doesnt work. another post on the same problem: Can't hyperlink to LinkedIn profile in InDesign CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does the browser say? Does it start and interrupt the connection, or even doesn't start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://bit.do/prasanna/Linkdin is what you have entered in the Edit Hyperlink dialog.

It appears that gives a 404 Not Found error when you type it in directly in a browser:

Safari034.png

I think it's spelled Linkedin not Linkdin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get the same thing. that hyperlink is no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get a 404 Page Not Found error in my web browser with both links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the link address is: http://bit.do/prasannaLinkdin

I copied and edited the link in the previous reply. If you look at the address it still goes to prasanna/Linkedin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me. There is something weird. Ditch the shortener service and it may work:

Safari035.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In message 7 the link does not match the page text ("stealth link" for some reason to a link with the / in it). In message 9 the link matches the message text and works. So, does it now work in InDesign, Prasanna? Did you change anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it still doesnt work. The weird thing is that it works in the pdf (last page): http://www.mechdesignengineer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Portfolio_PrasannaNatarajan.pdf 

but not in the indesign file. I even tried removing the shortener, still see the red dot. Clicking on the red dot opens the link. I guess its a bug

Capture3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report your apparent bug here:

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be still opening prasanna/Linkedin not prasannaLinkedin. The link works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Doesnt work in Ä°nDesign. Ä°f you export to pdf. you can it. add web url from pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines