• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink window slows down opening documents in ID 2020

Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed something odd. I already have a solution for this but I wanted to post it anyway just to check if anyone else has this too and also because I am curious what's happening here.

After switching from ID 2019 to ID 2020 (on OS X Mojave) I noticed that it took quite a while before some documents would open. Like instead of a few seconds it now took quite a few seconds. After quite a few tests I discovered this has to do with the Hyperlinks window...!

In my workspace I have the Hyperlinks window in view and expanded. When I open a (large) document it takes about 10 seconds to open. When I collapse the Hyperlink window or remove it completely it takes 3 seconds for the document to open!

Very odd...!

Now the solution, obviously, is to NOT have that window open and expanded while working but it's a strange problem and I wondered 1. if anyone knows what's causing this and 2. if Adobe might look at this as a bug and fix it...? Going from 3 to 10 seconds when opening a document ONLY because of this Hyperlinks window being open is odd!

Of course I also post this so people become aware of it: maybe it can help them with similar performance problems!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Do you notice this behavior when there are URL hyperlinks in the panel? If so, the panel is providing instant feedback of URL availability, and this process might be lagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you notice this behavior when there are URL hyperlinks in the panel? If so, the panel is providing instant feedback of URL availability, and this process might be lagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, thanks! That's it! The document I tested with had one link (only one) so I removed it, saved the document and behold, the document opened within three seconds again! So good to know it's a link itself that's causing this! Talking about 'lagging'...! I think it's quite odd that only one link can make 3 seconds turn into 10! It's also odd that apparently the link isn't processed whenever the Hyperlinks window is closed...? Anyway, to prevent this from causing problems I will save my workspace with a collapsed Hyperlinks window and only open it whenever I need it! Thanks for the heads up!

BTW Disabling the option that automatically checks the URL-status (don't know what the option is called in English exactly) didn't help: only collapsing the meny or removing it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines