Highlighted

Hyperlinkg not working in InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

I am a first time user of Indesign. Please pardon my stupid questions.

I have tried to set up a hyperlink to this address "oe.cd/publications", using the function "New Hyperlink from URL" .  When I exported it to PDF, Acrobat Reader could not recognise that it was a URL. 

I also tried to hyperlink to "https://www.oecd.org/publication" (its original address) while maintaining "oe.cd/publications" in the text. It did not work.

Then I tried "https://www.oe.cd/publicationss". Acrobat Reader could not detect it at first, but when I had already clicked on other hyperlinks in the document, it started to recognise it.

May I know how to solve this problem, please?

Thank you

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Copy and paste the URL from the actual website into the New Hyperlink dialogue box to ensure it's correct.

The link in the text in the document can be a word or words on an image.

Export the document as an Interactive PDF.

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 18.14.15.png

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hyperlinkg not working in InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

I am a first time user of Indesign. Please pardon my stupid questions.

I have tried to set up a hyperlink to this address "oe.cd/publications", using the function "New Hyperlink from URL" .  When I exported it to PDF, Acrobat Reader could not recognise that it was a URL. 

I also tried to hyperlink to "https://www.oecd.org/publication" (its original address) while maintaining "oe.cd/publications" in the text. It did not work.

Then I tried "https://www.oe.cd/publicationss". Acrobat Reader could not detect it at first, but when I had already clicked on other hyperlinks in the document, it started to recognise it.

May I know how to solve this problem, please?

Thank you

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Copy and paste the URL from the actual website into the New Hyperlink dialogue box to ensure it's correct.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek. Thank you very much for your help. Very nice of you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to fix  the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines