Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks, file to be exported in pdf

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community, 

I am currently struggling to attach files to my Indesign creation. Basically, I created a file on Indesign on which I created hyperlinks forwarding me to files saved on my computer. I would like to be able to export this Indesign file into Pdf and to forward all the hyperlinked files and the pdf itself via dropbox for my counterpart to retrieve the same. 

Unfortunately, it seems that none of the links are working with the method I used. 

I am on MacOs Mojave and I expect the pdf version to be used cross-platforms. 

Thanks for the help. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean, the links aren't working for your colleague? Some of the path references may be changing. How about putting all the files, the ID file and the linked PDFs in a Dropbox folder, make sure the links work, then share with your colleague. That should straighten out the links. 

Perhaps you can let us know more about how you are allowing the Dropbox share. You mention the word "forward" and I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I said the links are not working I meant the path references not being the same, the system is not able to retrieve the respective attached files. 

I did upload all of it into a dropbox folder and requested him to download the folder itself in order for the links not to break unfortunately this did not change. 

The only solution I see is to create hyperlinks with URL links to attach any document so far... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines