Highlighted

Hyperlinks in Indesign causes crash

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This document was working perfectly fine. Until, it just one day started crashign everytime I try to edit certain hyperlinks, or when I click on the hyperlink panel. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? 

I have tried searching for this, but solutions such as saving the file as an IDML doesn't work. I am went to my Preferences folder, but could not find my InDesign folder. Maybe because I'm also currently on the trial? 

Thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of InDesign and OS?

Does it crash on a specific document or all?
You may try resetting preferences using the steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hyperlinks in Indesign causes crash

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This document was working perfectly fine. Until, it just one day started crashign everytime I try to edit certain hyperlinks, or when I click on the hyperlink panel. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? 

I have tried searching for this, but solutions such as saving the file as an IDML doesn't work. I am went to my Preferences folder, but could not find my InDesign folder. Maybe because I'm also currently on the trial? 

Thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of InDesign and OS?

You may try resetting preferences using the steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Raachelc LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences helped! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0