• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working in Placed file

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Placing an InDesign document inside another InDesign document. The placed document has hyperlinks. When I export the PDF (both print with hyperlinks and interactive), the hyperlinks from the placed part of the PDF don't work. I know I'm exporting correctly because the non-placed hyperlinks don't work. How can I get this to work??

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that would work is to move the page to that document instead of placing the page.

Or you copy/paste the contents of the InDesign pages.

It's the same with placed PDF pages that contain functional hyperlinks.

After placing a PDF page and exporting to PDF again the hyperlinks will not work anymore.

This is something that was asked a lot.

Upvote this feature request and write your own for placed InDesign pages:

Interactive features retained when PDFs placed in InDesign
Bevi Chagnon | PubCom.com, February 10, 2021
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/42680734-in...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, definitely can't copy and paste in. That defeats the whole purpose of having one master doc, since it's being used in 50 separate documents. I can't believe this feature is offered without being totally thought through. My only option now is to make the master doc a Master Page and put all 50 docs into one as pages. Super frustrating. I'll Upvote this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No linked image file will support its links in InDesign. Placed PDFs are images, like AI, PSD and others.

But what you can do, create linked content. Either export all as InCopy Story and place it or use the content tools, take the content into the convoyer ribbon, activate link and drop it into the other document. If you make changes in the original file (only!) you need only to update the link in the other document. It will happen automatically when you open a document with linked content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines