• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working on Interactive PDF.[Renamed]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5 lists of hyperlinks that I'm trying use on an interactive pdf.   The lists are in a text box with a white background.  Once I export it as an interactive pdf the hyper links do not work.  The buttons are and work fine, you just cant click on tye URL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Hi Carolyn,

We are sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. Generally, this issue is solved by unchecking the "Shared Hyperlink Destination" if you have already tried that I would suggest trying in a different browser or clearing browser cache.

In addition to this, Create a new file with these five Hyperlinks and two other Hyperlinks and Export to "Interactive PDF" with the settings shared above and check if that works. If not, I would request if you can share a sample file(that new file after

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Hi,

I realise this is two years after your issue and you probably figured it out by now. But I also came across the same issue. It was an un-checked box when I exported as PDF. The Hyperlinks box wasn't checked, once I checked it, all my links worked when viewing as an interactive PDF.

Thought I would post the fix for anyone else who comes across this problem. I wrongly assumed all links added would export automatically.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 22.41.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolyn:

Did you activate the hyperlinks on each of the text strings using the Hyperlinks panel? Are they listed in the panel? Is the status button green or red?

~Barb

Screenshot 2018-09-17 07.38.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status is green on all  of the Hyperlinks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you replicate the issue on a new page with random hyperlinks like Adobe.com, facebook, google... to share a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm your software and OS version with some screenshots to illustrate your issue so we can help better and faster.

more details on your issue at Learn how to create, manage, and edit hyperlinks in InDesign

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot include screen shots, because the information is Company Confidential

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS High Sierra and Adobe Indesign CC2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test them in InDesign? Use Windows > Interactive > EPUB Interactivity Preview panel.

Could there be a frame on top of them?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure…Is this PDF being testing in Acrobat or Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested them in EPUB, they don't work there either.  Document is being tested in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolyn:

I've tested them in EPUB, they don't work there either.

You can use Publish Online and test in as an EPUB, or you can test in InDesign's EIP (EPUB interactivity panel). Which one are you referring to? If they aren't working in the EIP panel, it's an InDesign issue and not with the conversion. Did you look for an overlapping frame?

Other things I'd try:

1. Moving the text frame to a new page and testing in the EIP there.
  2. Move the frame to the top of the stacking order
  3. Create a brand new frame, add the first URL, link it and test.

Since we can't see screen shots or look at your file, we are just making educated guesses.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

I have tried them all.  The hyperlinks are not shared.  I was thinking it my be something in the Indesign or Adobe settings.

I was using text frames with lists of URL's.  I thought that making the pdf interactive would reduce the amount of clutter and keep it as a one page document.  It looks like it's going to have to be a multiple page document.

Thank you for all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolyn,

We are sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. Generally, this issue is solved by unchecking the "Shared Hyperlink Destination" if you have already tried that I would suggest trying in a different browser or clearing browser cache.

In addition to this, Create a new file with these five Hyperlinks and two other Hyperlinks and Export to "Interactive PDF" with the settings shared above and check if that works. If not, I would request if you can share a sample file(that new file after removing all the confidential information). I will check the file at my end. Please upload it to Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share the direct download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a legend! 

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I realise this is two years after your issue and you probably figured it out by now. But I also came across the same issue. It was an un-checked box when I exported as PDF. The Hyperlinks box wasn't checked, once I checked it, all my links worked when viewing as an interactive PDF.

Thought I would post the fix for anyone else who comes across this problem. I wrongly assumed all links added would export automatically.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 22.41.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This little oversight was my solution. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a simple fix... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the hyperlinks shown as shared? If so, uncheck that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines