Highlighted

Hyperlinks Panel

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see the hyperlinks panel on any of my files. It has over ridden with cross references. I cannot see the links I want to put onto the Interactive doc. -I have followed all advises and it defaults back to cross referencing every time. What do I do? I have CS6 and workoing on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you in advance !

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

In your InDesign document you highlight the word or words (or image) you want to be the link.

Then select (there are other methods)  Type > Hyperlinks & Cross References > New Hyperlink in the resulting dialogue box in the Link to drop down menu select URL and enter the complete URL (I always copy and paste from the actual website). You can select a Character Style, if you've set one up, for your hyperlinks. Select OK.

Back in InDesign export your document as an Interactive PDF.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.18.01.png

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hyperlinks Panel

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see the hyperlinks panel on any of my files. It has over ridden with cross references. I cannot see the links I want to put onto the Interactive doc. -I have followed all advises and it defaults back to cross referencing every time. What do I do? I have CS6 and workoing on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you in advance !

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

In your InDesign document you highlight the word or words (or image) you want to be the link.

Then select (there are other methods)  Type > Hyperlinks & Cross References > New Hyperlink in the resulting dialogue box in the Link to drop down menu select URL and enter the complete URL (I always copy and paste from the actual website). You can select a Character Style, if you've set one up, for your hyperlinks. Select OK.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuilding your preferences should fix this. See the article about it linked below

https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-mess-up-your-hyperlinks-panel.php

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, CS6 is unsupported under Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sladva,

please show a screenshot of your Hyperlinks panel when no document is open.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines