• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks to text anchors throughout a book don't work in PDF output

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have an everlasting problem with hyperlinks in my books that I export to PDF.

This is a user manual with several versions in other languages, so I have a separate book for each of these versions.

There are many contextual links between files in a book, for example - references to an export chapter or another tool, etc. While checking them via Hyperlinks > Edit hyperlink... menu, I see the correct link to the correct anchor in the correct file of the correct book. Even "going to a link's destination" works perfectly for each of them. But after exporting the book as a PDF file, almost all of the links do not work (I open the output in Acrobat Pro DC). I return back to the book, double-check all 100+ pages, performing the actions described above, and again—some of the links do not work in an output. 

Maybe I do not know some trick? Or is it a bug?

Please, advice.

P.S. I run the latest versions of InDesign and Acrobat Pro DC. And there are no Preflight errors at all.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exporting the document as an Interactive PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek!

Yes sure! Forgot to mention that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines