• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks won't work after placing PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create these large books about 5 times a year, where we place a LOT of PDF's like the below into one indesign file so we can export it to either the printer or a e-book software. Most of the time we do both, but COVID has cancelled our plans to print. Our workflow is that 1) someone creates a Word doc, links file to the word doc (ie. PRICE LIST, with the link hidden behind the text), saves as a PDF. 2) repeat times 200 3) I combine all the PDFs and place them into an Indesign file to correct colors, page number, insert ads, and create bleed. When I export from Indesign to a PDF, the links no longer work. I know the work flow is flawed, but we have a lot of people in the office working on these files, so we can't start with Indesign files. Is there a trick to get it to work, or do I need to figure something else out? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's as expected. Interactivity is lost when placing PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not try an InDesign book file to link your individual ID files? You could skip step 2. You can make your final PDF from the book file.

Questions--how are you correcting colors and creating bleeds from placed PDF files? You can't edit colors in the placed PDF; you can create a bleed if it doesn't exist in the original PDF.

If you really want to use your current workflow, you can check out this Acrobat plugin:

https://www.evermap.com/ABAddingHyperlinks.asp#:~:text=Start%20Adobe%20Acrobat%20and%20open,to%20ope....

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines