• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I accidenty deleted some plugins for Indesign DS6

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally kciking myself. I have cleaned up my Mac, deleting old programs. It's running Sierra 10.12.6.

The CS6 Indesign and Photoshop must have been using plugins from previous versions so now I can't even open Indesign. It starts to open but then comes up with 2 messages:

Cannot load the PDF.IndesignPlugin Plug-in. It is dependent on the EPS Page Item.IndesignPlugin Plug-in, which failed to load.

Then it comes up with this error: Cannot load the EPS Page Item.IndesignPlugin Plug-in. It is dependent on the Group.InDesignPlugin plug-in, which failed to load.

I can''t reinstall these programs because the disks are in storage. Please tell me how to fix this. Can I just download the plugins from Adobe (or elsewhere)? I have spent hours searching online. Thanks in advance for any help, I really will appreciate it.

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

These are not "loose" plug-ins to download. They are part of the core product, I believe. If you can't reinstall, I suggest you use Time Machine or your system backups  to restore the complete system from before the changes. Be sure you have the serial number for CS6, you may need to re-enter it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not "loose" plug-ins to download. They are part of the core product, I believe. If you can't reinstall, I suggest you use Time Machine or your system backups  to restore the complete system from before the changes. Be sure you have the serial number for CS6, you may need to re-enter it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks TSN,
I actually did have backups that I had forgotten about. Indesign is working perfectly now. Photoshop still comes up with a message but it still seems to be working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you deleted the Graphics plugin folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly, I have no idea. How do I fix it?

Best regards
Katrina

Lemon & Lime Design
katrina@lemonlimedesign.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See your private messages.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines