• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't export to pdf

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a 28 page Indesign document and it refuses to export to pdf (of any size) - all the links are in place, I even started it again in newly installed CC2021 from an earlier version and still no luck. I've tried the IDML route (that doesn't work) and every other fix I could find via google - it seems to be a popular issue but still I can't get a resolution. Background tasks just get stuck, alert me to a failed pdf but give no other reasons.

I've worked with Indesign for 20 years and never been so frustrated! I need to print ready pdf. Help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Without see your file I would try to export half the document and then the other. Keep exporting in this way the section that fails and you’ll soon find the bad page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Seconding the recommendation of @vladan saveljic .

Most often such export problems are due to problematic EPS or raster image files placed into InDesign that don't quite meet the specifications for their file formats.

The “divide and conquer” approach suggested is the best way to diagnose exactly what page the problem occurs on. After that, selectively remove graphics to find which is the source of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without see your file I would try to export half the document and then the other. Keep exporting in this way the section that fails and you’ll soon find the bad page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding the recommendation of @vladan saveljic .

Most often such export problems are due to problematic EPS or raster image files placed into InDesign that don't quite meet the specifications for their file formats.

The “divide and conquer” approach suggested is the best way to diagnose exactly what page the problem occurs on. After that, selectively remove graphics to find which is the source of the problem.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - think I've evicted the bug... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines