Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find the publish online button in 2021 Indesign

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

In 2021 Indesign, this button is that publish online? but I can't find the function about publish online, it just can export PDF document or HTML etc, It's not an Adobe URL. Do you have the same problem?

屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午1.23.16.png

屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午2.28.25.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

I would have thought that being in the highly controlled country of China would be hugely significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Hi, everyone, 

Thank you for your help and hard work.

This is feedback. The IT department of our school contacted the Adobe engineer for me. According to his tests, the cause of the problem was China's restrictions and blockades.  As a result, Adobe could not connect to my machine, and the package I downloaded was missing all Online functions.

Yue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online can now be found in the latest version of InDesign in the Share drop-down menu.

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 08.01.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but in my 'Share' drop-down menu, there don't have ' Publish Online ' button.

屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午1.23.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help again! My system is macOS Mojave 10.14,  I tried several times according to your instructions, but no dialogue box appeared.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. You have to be very quick with keyboard action after you launch InDesign.

This is what the dialogue looks like:

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 09.45.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, It's so strange! I am an enterprise user. Does it have anything to do with this?but my Adobe plan does include the publish online service. I will try to reinstall it and reply to you.

屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午1.23.40.png屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午1.10.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I really quick to press the combined key, but it doesn't show the dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sad. I have now reinstalled 2021 Indesign, but I still can not find the Publish Online button. And then, I try to use you mentioned that the "CTL+OPT+Command+shift", but it still doesn't show dialogue box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you contact Adobe to see whether the issue is with, as you mentioned, something to do with the Enterprise version.

Please let us know the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate for your suggest and help. If I know the reason, I will reply to you. But enterprise user can't contact Adobe directly, I will try to contact my admin. However, I don't know how to contact my admin, I tried to access but failed. I'm very confused...屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午6.16.56.png屏幕快照 2021-01-30 下午6.22.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yue5E75,

you said: "I am an enterprise user."

I'd suggest you speak with your system admin.

I see a lot of enterprise users where Adobe services like Adobe Fonts, Publish Online etc. pp. are disabled by default.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Uwe,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my late reply.

It's strange that the IT department of our school replied that they checked the settings and everything was fine, but I still had this problem.

Yue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to keep in mind is that all the items under the Share icon are shortcuts — they are not the only way to get there. Every command under the Share icon also exists as a menu command, so that you can edit their keyboard shortcuts and such.

Regardless of what you see under the Share icon, Publish Online should be available on the File menu, grouped with other Publish Online workflow commands.

InDesign-Publish-Online-command.jpg

If you are running the current version of InDesign but you don’t see Publish Online on the File menu or under the Share icon, then something is very odd if standard menu items are missing.

(At this point I’d normally say you should choose Edit > Menus, and make sure the InDesign Defaults is selected under Set, because if the Set menu shows something else, that means someone has customized the menus. But when I choose Edit > Menus, Publish Online is not on the File menu list, even though I see it on  my actual File menu…I wasn’t expecting that, and I don’t know why that is.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Conrad,

Thank you for your answer.

The version is Indesign 2021.  I did as you said. I found InDesign defaults in Edit > menus, but I still didn't find the publish online button.

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 6.31.22 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-02-18 at 6.31.31 PM.png

And then, I check the File menu, it still doesn't have Publish Online button.

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 6.31.43 PM.png

It's very strange. Does it have anything to do with me in China? The IT Department of our school contacted Adobe Engineer for me to solve this problem. I hope he can make it clear.

Overall, thank you again for your help.

Yue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does it have anything to do with me in China?"

Well. Yes.

( My assumption. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yue,

also found this in the Adobe FAQs:

Creative Cloud for Enterprise customers

My organization has a Creative Cloud for Enterprise plan. Can I use Publish Online?

Yes, Publish Online is available as part of the Creative Cloud for Enterprise plan, but Publish Online documents can only be published to Adobe servers.
Publish Online is not available for Creative Cloud for Enterprise with Managed Services. See the Creative Cloud for Enterprise with Managed Services FAQ for more information.

Source:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/publish-online-faq.html

I have no idea if you are on "Creative Cloud for Enterprise with Managed Services".

( Whatever that exactly means. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought that being in the highly controlled country of China would be hugely significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, everyone, 

Thank you for your help and hard work.

This is feedback. The IT department of our school contacted the Adobe engineer for me. According to his tests, the cause of the problem was China's restrictions and blockades.  As a result, Adobe could not connect to my machine, and the package I downloaded was missing all Online functions.

Yue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines