• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open indesign cs6

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to open up indesign cs6 a pop up appears saying i need to renew my subscription? please helpScreen Shot 2020-04-27 at 12.29.53.png

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , How to , Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Look at the following discussion, this might help you

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-do-i-prevent-creative-cloud-from-taking-over-my-cs6-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're use it perpetual version then ask Adobe support chat why they try to catch from you money. If you're use it subscription then be notice that you can't use it CS6 from last year. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is no longer considered authorized software as part of the Creative Cloud. Only the two most recent versions (CC 2019 and CC 2020) are officially authorized. Your problem may be related to that. Whether you are able to install these authorized versions depends on your operating system. You will need to be on one of the latest versions of Windows 10 or High Sierra or later on a Mac in order to see these versions offered for install under the apps section in the desktop app.

If your version of CS6 was purchased as a perpetual licensed version with a serial number then try contacting Adobe Customer Care https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for help in reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

currently authorized versions of InDesign are CC 2014 and above. With other CC apps this can be and will be different.

Two InDesign versions are not authorized that were available with Creative Cloud some years ago:

InDesign version 8 and InDesign CC version 9.

The perpetual version of InDesign 8, CS6, is still authorized.

But: If you ever had a CC version of InDesign installed ( perhaps for testing purposes ) and the perpetual version of InDesign CS6 was already installed, the serial number of the already installed CS6 was changed by installing Creative Cloud to the Creative Cloud serial number.

To remedy the situation: Uninstall Creative Cloud, uninstall InDesign CS6 and re-install the perpetual version of InDesign CS6 from DVD or backup installer files.

What's not possible:

Get update packages for CS6 8.0.0 from Adobe ( e.g. bug fix versions like 8.0.2 or even 8.1.0 ).

Get installer files for CS6 8.0.0 from Adobe.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying Uwe. However, based on your explanation, I am confused about the authorized versions since my desktop app only shows CC 2019 and CC 2020 as available for install. My understanding was that only the authorized versions would be showing up for install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

what's showing up in the Creative Cloud Desktop app is decoupled from the "authorized" versions.

All currently installed versions will show up. Authorized or not.

But in the moment you uninstall them you will not see them again in the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Just the latest two main versions with their subversions.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to give you an example that affects also all users for "authorized" versions of InDesign that are below of the two versions of CC, InDesign CC 2019 and 2020, that can be installed on a fresh system:

Let's assume you are using InDesign CC 2015, you installed it a couple of years ago.

You bought an expensive 3rd-party plug-in for exactly that version and the makers of the plug-in discontinued development. You rely on the plug-in and you like to set up a new machine: You will not be able to install InDesign CC 2015 again.

So what's the issue? The InDesign CC 2015 you can install with the offered downloaders there install the basic version of InDesign CC 2015. That is version 11.0.0. No chance to get the bug fix versions; e.g. the latest one that is version 11.4.1.102. You are stuck with a non-bug-fixed version!

The same scenario is true for InDesign CC 2017 and CC 2018.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )
(Link modified by the Moderator ^VS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines